Hermit Thrush Camping Cabin 5
This log cabin nestled in our hardwood forest sleeps six.
Sleep the night in comfort in our Camping Cabin at
Summer House Park
This log camping cabin is located in the campground's hardwood maple forest; perfect for the camper who enjoys sleeping on a comfortable bed with a roof over their head! This basic cabin offers a small fridge, outdoor cooking grill, fire pit and picnic table. Centralized washrooms next door and laundromat close by.
- 2 Double beds with single bunk beds above - sleeps 6 maximum
- Small fridge and counters
- Covered porch
- Charcoal grill
- Fire pit and picnic table
- Wheel-chair accessible ramp
2022 Rates: (rates include 6 people. HST not included)
High season daily rate (June 10-Sept. 5): $188; low season daily rate: $141
High season weekly rate: $1128; low season weekly: $846
Prior to May 1, 2022, a minimum 7 night booking is required for reservations during our high season. After May 1, 2022, reservations are accepted for stays less than a week.
A non-refundable deposit of $425 per week is required at time of booking. For reservations less than 7 nights, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required.
For one-night bookings, full rental fees must be paid upon booking and are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
What to Bring:
Here is a list of suggested items to bring to make your camping cabin experience a true camping adventure!
- Bed linens: including pillow cases (pillows provided). If you want a true camping experience, bring your cozy sleeping bags instead.
- Cooking supplies: bring your own pots, pans, bowls, cups, plates and cutlery. A dish cloth and eco-friendly dish soap for cleaning up.
- Cooler: our cabins have a small bar fridge but some campers prefer to bring an extra cooler to store drinks and additional food items. Always keep food items locked safely in your vehicle or cooler at night. Be cautious not to leave food on the counter in your cabin by the windows...pesky raccoons can smell a tasty treat through an open window!
- Lights: there is electricity in the cabins but an outside lantern is helpful, or a candle lantern for a more authentic camping atmosphere. A flashlight or headlamp is handy.
- Lawn chairs: we provide wooden chairs on the deck and a picnic table but if you like sitting around the campfire, you may want to bring your favourite camp chair.
- Personal Items: Just a reminder...don't forget your towels, swim suits, life jackets, bug spray, sunscreen and your toothbrush! Flip flops are handy for the shower and the beach.
- Fun stuff: a deck of cards, reading material, board games...consider leaving the electronics behind and enjoy the sounds of the forest and games night with your family!
- Forgot something?...Don't worry, we have a very extensive store filled with camping supplies, groceries and gift items...oh, and lots of ice cream!
Check in time: 4 p.m. Check out time: 10 a.m.